- Aluminum Figurines
- Bamboo Blinds
- Baskets & Trays
- Chimes, Dream Catchers & Mobiles
- Coming Soon!
- Feathers, Sage & Smudge Supplies
- Cello Wrap
- Cello Basket Bags
- Cello Sheets
- Waxed Tissue Paper
- Gift Enclosure Cards
- Trim/Care Tags
- Floral & Gift Wrapping Paper
- Floral Supplies
- Fruit Baskets
- GEMSTONES, MINERALS & FOSSILS
- Incense Oils & Burners
- Nautical Decor
- Bags & Pouches Made of Cloth
- Stand Up Pouches
- Bags - Cello
- Cellophane Wrap - Rolls
- Cellophane Wrap - Sheets
- Gift Basket filler
- Gift Boxes & Trays
- Pull Bows
- Ribbon Pre - Tied Bows
- Tissue Paper
- Tissue Paper Waxed
- Pebbles & Gravel
Seashells, Starfish & Ocean Related Giftware
- Corals Barnacles Synthetic Seashells
- Ocean Related Gifts and Souvenirs
- Postcard shell pack
- Pectens, Scallops, Clams, Cockles & Mussels (PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A $30.00 MIN. ORDER WHEN ORDERING SEASHELLS
- Polished/Dyed Seashells
- Shell Mixed
- Small Sea Shells
- Turbo Shells - Polished, Pearlizes & Natural
- Sea Shell Pre-Packs
- Small Craft Shells
- Medium Sea Shells
- Large Sea Shells
- Sea Shell Mirrors, Frames, Boxes & Decor Balls
- Shell Night Lights & Lamps
- Shell Packs
- Starfish & Sea Life
- Wind Chimes & Mobiles
- Wishing Pearls
- Wonders of the Sea Displays & Shell Packs
- Tillandsia Plants
- White Plant Pots & Dishes
- Wine Store Favorites
- Wood Trays
- Clearance Sale items
- Wizard of Wonders Photographic Artist
- Apr 17, 2019 Our websites Explained & How to's Our websites Explained & How to's to help you be oh so more efficient.
- Apr 3, 2019 New lowers shipping rates Yes we have negotiated new lower shipping rates to all areas.
- Jun 30, 2018 Retail & Wholesale World of Change Over the Decades the retail world has changed hugely. In the 90's Canadian retailers were booming..
- Jun 7, 2018 New Web Cart Launched Today Yes it has been long overdue we know.. Our Wholesale Business now has all it's prices behind a locked door..
Retail & Wholesale World of Change
Jun 30, 2018
Over the Decades the retail world has changed hugely. In the 80's & 90's Canadian retailers were booming and it has been a slippery slope since then. Dollar stores bought up wholesalers dead stock for 65 cents or less and sold it for a dollar, when the junk was gone they then had the buying power to purchase from third world countries to buy their overstock items. We then saw the Dollar stores prices going higher when they had to purchase quality stock at real costs.
Big box discount stores moved in to cater to the discount market and was the downfall of the giant household names trying to regain market share. They did this by cutting out the wholesaler & the distributor, they offered lower prices which also came with lower profit margins making it harder and harder to cover increasing rent & labor costs. We have seen many big guys fall hard over the years ..
Wholesale trade shows have also been on the decline year after year & not profitable at all for today's wholesale companies. The small family owned retailers volume is not there anymore because of the online stores watering down the market. Online businesses such as Amazon are creating a high carbon footprint world delivering $10 items to your door for a few dollars which is truly impossible to maintain at today's fuel prices.
The retail trade has been built on a chain of suppliers so they can maintain a great mixture of products without having to purchase a huge amount of stock of One particular item. This has been the traditional wholesaler's job & If this changes we will see our Main streets become ghost towns full of charity shops. Buy local.. Buy from your wholesaler.. Buy from your local retail stores in person.. Support small business.. Let our economy grow & boom before we head into another recession....
Lessons learnt.. Do not be greedy... Let your chain of suppliers and service agents prosper to let the Canadian economy grow to be able to maintain our way of life with great healthcare, services and transportation.
My Grandmother started our family business and we have survived to 4 generations working within her creation, soon to be 5 generations.
Her quote " Man is but a simple fool.. When it's hot he wants it cool.. When it's cool he wants it hot.. Always wanting what it's not.. Mona Westray Sharpe